October 2, 2015

Biscuit & Gravy: Friday Five

Here are five suggestion of things I've been enjoying:

1) Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks. This is in honor of National Coffee Day this past Tuesday. Normally, I don't like caramel in my coffee, but this is tasty. On a side note, Starbucks has released their Holiday Blend 2015. Every year I love those beans. This year not so much. Have you tried it?

2) Body Glide. This one is personal (but hey, that's never stopped me before). But there isn't a product out there right now that I'm happier with. If you are a runner or workout and have ever had chafing issues, this is a God send. Think: manna from heaven. Even if you have to endure an awkward moment when you purchase it from a college girl at the athletic store. But hey, I can now put on a shirt again without crying.

3) Promised Land by Derek Prince. Cats out of the bag on this one. Derek Prince was a charismatic teacher. Does this Baptist care? Nope! In his book Promised Land, he looks at Scripture, personal events, and history to give a close examination of Israel. The book was fascinating (if you're interested in Israel, that is). And, no, you won't start praying in tongues because you read the book.

4) Blimey Cow. Isn't YouTube great? I watch more YouTube than television these days. Blimey Cow is a YouTube station. Give a few Christians a camera and a strong wifi connection and this is the stuff that should happen. Think of the blog Stuff Christians Like but it's a YouTube channel. Funny stuff!

5) Flipboard. A friend recommended this app. I gave it a try and absolutely love it. If you don't know what Flipboard is, it is a news and magazine app where you can choose what interests you. It's attractive and fun to use. Next week, I'm going to work getting on getting Christian Gravy on there.

No comments: