November 8, 2012

Election Hangover

Are you suffering from an election hangover?

I am.

Don't worry Southern Baptists it doesn't involve booze.

An election hangover is from staying up late watching the election results and the tired feeling left over after the race.

We have been hit hard for 18 months. Our sacred television space has been ravished. Our Facebook and Twitter has been held hostage. Our conversations have been filled with political rhetoric. We have complained more than middle school girls at a canceled Justin Bieber concert.

We are all exhausted from the election season! Both sides could agree on that.

I have been tired for two days. A kid accused me of being more serious when I wear the color purple. Translation: I'm grouchy. Seriously, like purple argyle could make anyone grouchy. Have you ever seen Barny the least bit snippy?

But as the election season fades, it gives way to a fresh season.

When you turn on the television, it's amazing how the commercials almost seem foreign. I'm actually DVRing just the commercials. Did you know that there is a stick of testosterone that men can use like deodorant called Axiron? My goal is to go grizzly bear hunting with a pocket knife.

People are starting to talk about other things again without cussing.

Facebook and the Twitterverse are returning to the most important things...Dancing with the Stars, The Voice, and Honey Boo Boo updates. Which thanks for that by the way. I don't watch those shows, but you offer the cliff notes that allow me to stay in the loop.

People are beginning to post pictures of their cats in unpredictable places again. I never thought I would say this, but thank you for showing us your cat wearing a driver's hat. Yes, you might be a weird cat lady, but we love you anyways.

Christian, in all of this we should be reminded that there are seasons in life. Whatever the season, you need to keep your heart in check. Keep watch over your thoughts and actions, because before long it will be time to move on. But most importantly, you need to remember and trust in who is ultimately in control.

Question:
Do you have an election hangover?

No comments: