December 4, 2012

5 Cheap Gift Ideas for Christians

Only 21 days until Christmas!

Unless the Mayans were correct and then we only have 17 days left on earth. But that would really irk Kirk Cameron and the creators of Left Behind.

But just in case, here are five cheap gift ideas for those special and kind-of-special Christians in your life:

1) Coffee. And I don't mean Folgers. Every Christian loves coffee. When a Christian tells me that they don't like coffee, my gut reaction is to point my finger and yell, "Witch!" A Christian who doesn't like coffee is like a surgeon who faints at the sight of blood. I just don't trust them.

2) Hot Tea. Find some loose leaf tea. Everyone loves it. There is also the hidden bonus of them thinking that you are classy.

3) Meat. I don't think I have ever met a true vegetarian Christian. I'm sure they are out there. Some will tell me they are, but they eat fish and chicken. If your source of protein gets frighten whenever you tap on glass, then it has feelings too. Who in their right mind wouldn't love to get bacon for Christmas?

4) Subscription to a magazine. I would say a book, but if your friend isn't a reader, the book becomes a source of embarrassment. A magazine subscription on the other hand is golden because there are pictures and it reminds them of your awesome generosity once a month. Here are a few ideas:

For the hip Christian-anything put out by Relevant.
For the traditional baptist-Christianity Today.
For the holy roller-Charisma.
For the Casting Crowns fan-CCM Magazine.
For your grandmother-Guidepost.
For the business people-Christian Living.
For the History Channel loving Christian-Christian History and Biography

5) Sweets. If it ain't broke...Don't be afraid to stick with what works. Baking sweets or bread is a great gift idea. Just make sure that you know what the person likes. For me peppermint fudge or chocolate chip cookies will be consumed with the same ferocious tenacity of the Cookie Monster pre-veggie eating era. Anything with a pecan in it will sit on my counter for the mandatory week before getting tossed.

Question:
What would you add to the list?

No comments: